Rule #10 SUBSCRIPTION
Election of the President and Members of the Executive Committee shall be held every year by secret postal ballot (as per procedure adapted by A.S.I.) as per electoral roll supplied by A.S.I. for that year and as per following time schedule.
- Nomination invited by 30th june.
- Last date for receiving nomination 31st july.
- Scrutiny of the nomination papers 2nd august. The Contestent, Proposer and seconder should be a valid voter as per A.S.I., voter list for that year.
- Withdrawl upto 15.8
- Posting of ballot paper under postal certificate by 31.8
- Last date for return of ballot papers 30.9
- Counting of votes and declaration of result at the time of General Body Meeting during Annual Conference.
- Ordinarily the Hony. Secretary shall act as an election officer but in event of Hony. Secretary himself seeking election or unable to conduct election for any reason the election officer that year will be appointed by the President among the elected members of Executive residing at state chapter head quarter (except joint secretary).
Election of the Secreatry and treasurer (From head quarter will be held at the time of the Annual General Body Meeting). Two joint Secretaries will be nominated at the same time, one by the President and other by the Secretary.
In case nominations for members of the Executive Committee are less then the strength, the rest will be elected at the time of the Annual General Body Meeting.
all candidates and their proposers and seconders for the various posts must be on the voters list of A.S.I. on 31st may. It verified by the respective candidates from the Head-quarters of the Association Surgeons of India at Madras.
In the event of any dispute the decision of President in the Executive Committee shall be final.